Dear Key Stage 2,
We hope this letter finds you all safe and well. Thank you for all of the brilliant feedback we have received since the beginning of Lockdown regarding the home learning support we are providing. We are grateful for your positive and constructive comments and continued support during this difficult situation.
We have been working hard to prepare the next home-learning packs for the children. We are pleased to say that they will be ready for collection from outside school today (Monday 18th January) from 8.15am. The work provided will start on Wednesday and take you through until February half term (Lockdown weeks 3 to 6). Please see below a list of what your new learning pack contains and how long each activity will last you:
- A new timetable that shows you what your day will look like
- 12 new reading comprehensions
- A new topic grid which contains all the work you could do in the afternoons. This grid has been broken down into Art, Geography/History and STEM/Design sections, and correspond to the topic lessons on your timetable.
- One Multiplication and Division Maths booklet to last for 2 weeks. Once this is completed, you can use the text book provided; consolidating the work you have previously covered and returning to any work you have yet to complete in your previous Maths booklets.
- The new timetable now includes a specific English lesson each day. We will explain the English work to you each day via Teams. For the first 2 weeks, we will be looking at non-chronological reports and then we will be writing a biography for the second two weeks. Your learning pack contains some supporting documents for these.
- All of the information and work in the pack can also be found on the school website, under Class Pages and then KS2 Lockdown.
- You were given enough spellings to last for the half term in the previous pack (either in paper form or in spelling books). You will continue to learn these spellings using the range of the different activities provided, and Class 3 will use their handwriting practice sheets which correspond to the weekly spellings inside their packs.
- Please continue to send work to us via email so that it can be checked and feedback given.
- When you collect your new learning pack, please feel free to leave your completed work from the last 2 weeks for us to check and see what you have been up to! This can be left in your old zip-wallet outside. If you are still working on your previous work you do not need to leave it behind yet. `
We have been so impressed with all the fantastic work you produced over the past 2 weeks. You have made bird feeders, water turbines, films for pony riding safety, stone age tools and delicious looking brownies. Your art work has been stunning and topic work interesting. Thankyou for all of your dedication and perseverence, you are doing yourselves proud. Enjoy your learning and have some fun! Try and teach your parents as many new things as you can as well as learning lots yourself.
Don’t forget to join us on Teams every day from 9am!
From Miss Smith